Product release center
Theme: Usability and data privatization
1. Data privatization - A new concept, Organization, is introduced at this release. For most users, data is now filtered to show only the records that are part of the user’s organization. This includes surveys (and the survey’s orders) Crews, Crew Members, Dispatchers and all reports.
2. Order creation - Duplicate Order - It is now possible to create a new order using the specifications of an existing order.
3. Audio alerts - In the Survey Field Application, an audio alert will play if the GPS signal is lost while surveying or if the survey’s specified speed limit is exceeded.
Theme: Productivity improvements
Headline enhancements1. Versioning support - As part of next generation geospatial strategy, this release provides support for versioning within myWorld.
Theme: Usability and dashboard reporting
1. Dashboard reporting extensions - Many improvements have been made to the Dashboard reports to enhance data access and display including: ability to control the number of records being displayed, a single pop-out window now contains all reports, performance has been improved in loading data into reports, and filtering capabilities have also been enhanced.
2. Unsurveyed area layer - A new 'Unsurveyed Areas' layer has been created which more clearly defines geographic areas that contain unsurveyed, but surveyable items or significant areas where survey work still needs to be performed.
3. In the Field application - Using a new In the Field application, users now have the ability to dynamically change the selected survey order(s).
Theme: Editing and data quality
1. Snapping support - Snapping support has been added to enable enhanced capture and edit of structured network information, improving the quality and accuracy of field data.
2. Editing enhancements - Improvements to the editing experience have been made to increase productivity when creating new and editing existing data. These include the ability to rotate symbols, perform undo operations when digitizing, and specify measurements in a different format.
3. User interface improvements - The details pane has been updated to facilitate additional custom functionality buttons and ensure screen real estate is optimized when viewing feature information. Changes have also been made to reflect the new IQGeo branding.
Theme: Project and version management
1. Snapping - This new feature makes it possible to “snap” capture objects to other features on a map.
2. KML/KMZ export and import - Capture objects can be exported into third party applications and external files can be uploaded into an associated capture package using KML/KMZ files.
3. Package versions - Capture packages have the capability to be stored and managed in multiple “package versions” for the purpose of exploring and sharing different scenarios.
Theme: Collaboration and sharing
It is common practice to exchange spatial data with multiple internal and external parties for input and approval. With external parties, this is often facilitated with KML files. Release 4.4 contains several new features to improve the efficiency of this process.
1. Create private layers - Import a KML file design from an external contractor.
2. Create groups for collaboration and sharing - Create a group of users to distribute a design for review and approval.
3. Export to KML - Export the design as KML to send to construction contractors for review and pricing.
4. Usage monitoring - Collect and analyze detailed usage data to discover which features, layers and apps are being used the most, and where there may be opportunities for more user training.